Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar (Kindle Edition)

Product: Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar (Kindle Edition)

Get it Here

Rating: 100+/5 (yep, it's amazing.  Just go read it already!)

I first bought (and read) Tiny Beautiful Things when I was at a low point in my life. Two days before, I found out that the company I loved working for and the job that I was flourishing at were closing. I spent two days in bed crying and finally picked up my kindle to distract my mind. I had never read or heard of Dear Sugar or Cheryl Strayed (before Wild at least). I read it through twice without putting the book down. I laughed, I cried, I found something that resonated in parts of me that had gone cold. I can't even start to tell you how much this book meant and continues to mean to me. Through the worst times of my life, I constantly turn back to this book. Sugar is sweet, nonjudgmental, understanding, and most of all, not afraid to tell it like it is. She's the best friend I wish I had in my ear to help me through some of the trials of life. The book is such a wonderful combination of advice, memoir, humor, and tell it like it is advice. It's hilarious, sad, and most of all honest. You can tell she's spent hours mulling over every piece of advice that she gives. It's cut through the bulls*** honest. It's what so many young adults (and many others) need to hear. I've bought this book for so many people since. It's that book that you know will touch people. I would recommend this from the top of the tallest building in the world. If you're debating reading this, just stop. Stop and go read it now. It's a quick and moving read. Just do it, you won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment