Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The Five People You Meet in Heaven-Mitch Albom (Kindle Edition)

Product: The Five People You Meet in Heaven-Mitch Albom (Kindle Edition)

Get it Here

Rating: 1000+/5

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom is by far my favorite book in the world. I'm an avid reader, but this was the most significant book at a point in my life (high school) where I was lost, confused, searching for my place in the world, and reeling for the loss of my grandmother, who was one of the most important people in my life. I was searching for a faith in something, and I picked up this book. It changed everything.

The premise of the book is that when you die, you meet five people. They are not always the five most important people in your life (parents, grandparents, spouses, children, etc), but sometimes people who you met in passing or who you'd rather forget. Sometimes it's someone you don't really even know. But they're always someone who has had an important impact on your life.

In The Five People You Meet in Heave, the story follows Eddie as he meets his five people and his life's meaning is revealed to him. He meets five people, only one of who he really would have thought would be on his 'five people' list. The story is heartbreaking and moving and life affirming. I am still a sobbing mess every time I re-read it. I can't tell you how many highlights and pencil marks my hard copy of this has, and probably just as many for my kindle version. Yes, I have both a hard copy and a kindle version. I treasure my original copy, but love having the digital version at my fingertips everywhere I go. This book is THAT good. It's the kind of book you pass along to a friend who is struggling or a teenager in need of guidance and searching for the meaning of life. If you only read one book, make it this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment