Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship, and Dangerous Hobbies (Kindle Edition)

Product: Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship, and Dangerous Hobbies by JK Rowling (Kindle Edition)

Get it Here

Rating: 9 3/4 out of 5

If you're a Harry Potter fan like I am (or maybe even less than the completely obsessive one like me!), you'll love Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship, and Dangerous Hobbies. While it is short (by far the only negative!), it does provide some great backstory to the wizarding world! You start off with McGonagall, progress to Lupin, the Trelawney, and then Kettleburn (Hagrid's COMC predecessor). McGonagall and Lupin's stories are the most flushed out, as you would expect. These two are much more a part of Harry's story. However it is nice to hear snippets of information from all different areas. Again, though, this is short. It only took about an hour and a half for me to read it (with interruptions!), so it's a little disappointing in that aspect. When these were announced I was really hoping for something of much more length.

The biggest plus for me is that you can hear JKR's voice so clearly through the entire thing. It's nothing like Cursed Child. This book (and I'm hoping the other two!) just ooze Rowling's writing style, creativity, attention to detail, and love of the wizarding world. This is so refreshing after CC. I cannot wait to read the other two! I will say that some of this information has been available either on Pottermore (which I don't get to that often) or from other interviews, but it's nice to have it all together and on my kindle. My biggest hope for this is that they'll put these into print, either compiled together or with added information so I can add it to my HP collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment